What exactly is Interact?
Interact is a Rotary-sponsored service club for young people. Made up of high school members, Interact gives young people an opportunity to participate in fun, meaningful service projects. Along the way, Interact members develop their leadership skills and initiative while meeting new friends.
What are our goals for this year?
Throughout our service activities, Interact members learn the importance of:
- Developing leadership skills and personal integrity
- Demonstrating helpfulness and respect for others
- Understanding the value of individual responsibility and hard work
- Advancing international understanding and goodwill
- Having fun while serving others in our community
- Building relationships and friendships among our students
What are some projects that Interact members can participate in?
- Habitat for Humanity
- YMCA Healthy Kids day and YMCA Special Needs Athletics and Aquatics Program (SNAAP)
- Memphis Color Run and Noah's Gift 5K
- OBHS Easter Egg Hunt and Parents Night OUt
- MidSouth Food Bank, Calvary Rescue Mission, and work with various area nonprofits
- Many more
Why should I join Interact?
- Build friendships and relationships
- Experience giving back to your community
- Volunteer work looks great on your college resume
- Be a positive example
- Inspire others
- Make friends! Have fun! Serve others!
- Meetings will be held the 1st & 3rd Thursday of the month at 7:10 in the PAC. If this is a problem for you because you ride a bus, please see Mrs. Daniel in B2.
- Open enrollment until September 14th.
- Applications and a $5.00 membership fee are required. Turn in to B2.
- Members will be expected to complete service projects and community service hours. A minimum of 10 hours/points per semester.
- Sponsor Information
Tiffany Harris, sponsor
Dr. Greg Evans, Rotary liason
Angela Daniel, school sponsor