Semester English II -- First Block
Comp Reading II . -- Second Block
Planning . -- Third Block
Office Hours from 12:30-1:00
Semester English II -- Fourth Block
Items 1-5 on the list are absolutely necessary for success in class. 6-8 will help out a lot. 9 and 10 are for select groups. All of these supplies could be obtained from your local Walmart or Dollar Tree.
- A three-ring binder, 1.5″ (1" is probably fine; you can share with another class if you have a 3")
- 5 binder dividers (See syllabus for lablelling)
- At least one package of loose leaf paper, college ruled (Trust me, you'll need it.) :)
- Pencils and erasers (and plenty of them)
- A composition notebook --- This is an absolute necessity!
- A pencil pouch, obviously for your pencils and erasers (This is probably more about personal preference than an actual requirement. I just know that teenagers have this nasty tendency to lose stuff.)
- A glue stick for the interactive notebook --- I have some, but this would be a great help. And, hey, if you want to donate (wink, wink) that would also be much appreciated!
- Colored pens (for revisions and editing)
Setting up your Binders and Composition Notebooks.
This notebook will be divided into two main sections. (1) Is the academic side of things; this is where you place your handouts, vocabulary, grammar rules, etc. (2) Is the writing section. Yes, the entirety of the second half of your notebook is devoted completely to writing. What does that show you? ;)
Academic Notebook (1st Half):
This will be divided into five sections with approximately ten sheets of paper each. So count out ten pieces of paper, then place a sticky note behind that paper. The first section is a bit different, so you might place that divider on the front side of the first sheet. Label your sticky notes thus:
- Grammar Rules
- Daily Vocabulary
- Reading Tips
- Writing Tips
- Writer’s Notebook (2nd Half):
This part is easy. You simply place a sticky note on the back of the last sheet of paper of the rubric section, and you’re all set. Anything from bell work to written responses will go in this part of your notebook.
You should have five tabs for this. You can have a single dedicated binder for English 10, or you can share one. Keep in mind that if you decide to share space, your binder might explode. Just saying. Label your tabs as follows, in this order:
- MAAP/Case Prep
- Writing Samples