Foundations of Algebra, Algebra I
- (April 21, 2020) - Everything is uploaded onto Teams and USA Test Prep for the next two weeks. New packets will be available on Thursday!
- (April 20, 2020) - New videos are up on YouTube and the webpage. I talked to students via Zoom and parents via Remind and SchoolStatus about the need for students to turn in work for USA Test Prep and uploaded to assignments on Teams. Contact needs to be made before May 8th or students will be dropped from the course. Thank you! Click the image above to get more detailed information about contacting and passing T4. - New packets are ready for pickup on Thursday (4/23/20).
- (April 17, 2020) - Direct link to Teacher/Student and Parent Resources.
- (April 16, 2020) - Posted new videos! Also I created a on-going poll in Socrative for future video ideas outside of lessons. Please utilize it!
- (April 13, 2020) - Hello! I have posted new videos. Yellow is For SREB/Foundations to Algebra and Blue is for Foundations to Algebra/Algebra I.
- (April 7 2020) - As posted yesterday, T4 started yesterday. Everything will be worked through Teams, USA Test Prep, and other assessment ways like AlgebraNation. Please make sure you check the Class Documents for further information.
- (April 4, 2020) - Everything for makeup of T3 is available to download at the bottom of the webpage! Have a great rest of the weekend and please get the assignment done (if you want to improve your grade for those parents and students I individually messaged) before on by April 13th!💕
- (April 2, 2020) - Students will be contacted individually about makeup work for T3 that will be due on April 13th. T4 work is to begin by Monday through Microsoft Teams and packets.
- (March 29, 2020) - I have taken down the poll and the videos have won. I will start them this week and begin uploading.
- (March 26, 2020) - Packets are available at Chickasaw Elementary and will be updated every week. Please keep this in mind when doing the packets! I am here to help you no matter what! I am still working my regular work hours of school time. Do not hesitate to reach out.💕
- (March 25, 2020) - "Classes" start today, so please refer to the 'Plans For the Year' section and get into your Team. Then please sign into your USA Test Prep and get started. :) Also if you have any issues refer to these links: Option 1 and Option 2.
- (March 24, 2020) - If you do not know your Microsoft password, then go to dcsdms.org, then simply click Forgot Password. They can then follow the steps. It is just like resetting passwords anywhere.
- (March 24, 2020) - Read this article, and send me a contact form on how you felt about it. If you would like to watch the video, please click here! - assignments will be up on USA Test Prep on March 25, 2020.
The Measures of Central Tendency Lesson
Determining Geometric Sequences (Fraction Example)
Multiplying Fractions Review
Geometric Sequence Word Problem Example
Introducing Box and Whisker Plots
Comparing Box and Whisker Plots
Introducing Geometric Sequences
Determining Geometric Sequences (Negative r Example)
Determining Geometric Sequence Rule and Finding the Nth Term
Student Requested Video - Domain and Range of Functions
More Box and Whisker Plot Examples
Introducing Two-Way Tables and Examples
Hello! I am just a teacher trying to make a difference.
Resources from Home:
USA Test Prep
- Click here to go to USA Test Prep.
- Account ID: olivebranchms
- If you need your login information, send me a contact form from here! (go to the 📩 icon.
- Click here to go to KhanAcademy.
- All students should have an account or send me a contact form (📩)
- I can assign supplemental materials to all students for further information.
- Texas Instrument is being kind enough to give the students free 6 month subscriptions!
- To access the free download, click here.
- I have a few videos uploaded from every lesson I have taught so far.
- Here is a link to give me video suggestions - Room Name: LIPSEY5831
- The channel name is @learning.with.ms.lipsey
- Something fun and innovative for learning.
- The page is @learning.with.ms.lipsey
- Graduated from Itawamba Community College
- Graduated from The University of Mississippi in the School of Education.
- Fun fact about me is that I am the youngest of 4 kids.
Hey guys! I just want to start off by saying that I miss all of you so much, and I would do anything to see all of my students and my classroom again! I love each and every one of my students, but please be safe!
Everything will be uploaded on here, on teams and will be updated through SchoolStatus and Remind.
Sign up for REMIND (to get all and any updates immediately):
Text your respected class '@' to 81010
For SREB/Foundations to Algebra - @alsreb
For Foundations to Algebra/Algebra I - @alfound
Sign up for my Microsoft Teams (this is where we will collaborate by classes) - Click your block to get signed in for my class (MUST BE YOUR MICROSOFT EMAIL)
- Things to Know to Calm Your Nerves - A To-Do List
- How to Sign into Clever and AlgebraNation
- April 2020 Calendar
- How to Access Office 365 and Student Emails
- A Note from Ms. Lipsey - 4/4/20
- Algebra I T3 Makeup Assignment
- SREB T3 Makeup Assignment
- DeSoto Free Meals During Closure Flyer UPDATED (1).pdf
- Online Message #1 - 3/26/20